Here’s a pic of the cards that we made at April’s Card Class!
My Monthly Card Classes are FREE with a qualifying order! Contact me for more information if you’d like to come to class!
Since we’re using a new supplier for our dies and embossing folders, they’ll be manufactured differently, which means the way you use them will be a little different. We’ll highlight a few of the changes between the old-style and new-style products below. In the future, we’ll also provide videos to show how to craft with the new-style dies and embossing folders and better showcase the features described below.
We’re confident the new-style products will continue to uphold our high-quality standards and that you’ll be happy with your crafting results using the new style.
Here are some of the changes you’ll notice with our new-style dies and embossing folders:
- Our new-style open dies (those that coordinate with stamps) use a high quality metal that’s thinner than before but still as strong and durable.
- The new-style dies have an added lip to the inside of the blades.
- On old-style dies, when you place an open die (dies that coordinate with stamps) over a stamped image, a small border of cardstock is visible around the stamped image. With new-style dies, the die hugs the edge of the stamped image. Instead of aligning the die to the space around the stamped image, you will align it to the edges of the stamped image. When the image is cut, there will still be a cardstock border around the image.
- We’ve improved the adhesive that secures the dies to the insert sheet in the package so that it’s not too sticky. It’s easier to remove dies from the insert sheet, and the adhesive won’t cling to the dies.
- We’ve standardized the size of the die inserts for easier storage based on our observation of how demonstrators store their dies. There are now only two insert sizes: 5″ x 7″ (12.7 x 17.8 cm), which coordinate in size with our stamp cases, and 6″ x 6″ (15.2 x 15.2 cm). The standard sizes will allow uniform storage in whatever system you use. The envelopes that the dies come in will be slightly larger.
- With old-style Dynamic folders, we recommended you spritz cardstock before embossing to soften the fibers so you got a better impression. Now, that extra step will not be necessary because the new-style folders usually create a crisp impression without spritzing. The way the new folders are manufactured also gives us options for more detailed and intricate designs in the future.
- 3D folders are thinner than our old-style Dynamic folders. Because they are thinner, you will need to use a shim, depending on the die-cutting & embossing machine you use.
I’ll have a table at the Spring Vendor & Craft Fair in Billerica, Mass on Sunday, April 28th! Hope you’ll come visit me at the Billerica Masonic Hall, 11 Concord Rd. 2-5pm!
Stampin’ Up has updated their Clearance Rack with items up to 60% off!
Click HERE to see them!
The Everything Is Rosy Product Medley includes these exclusive products:
- Everything Is Rosy Photopolymer Stamp Set—18 stamps; suggested blocks: a, b, c,
- Everything Is Rosy Dies—10 dies; largest die 2-7/8″ x 1″ (7.3 x 2.5 cm)
- 6″ x 6″ (15.2 x 15.2 CM) Designer Series Paper Stack—48 sheets; 8 each of 6 double-sided designs
- 6″ x 6″ (15.2 x 15.2 CM) rose gold foil paper—8 sheets
- Printed die cuts—2 sheets
- Rose gold die cuts—4 sheets; 2 each of 2 designs
- Rose gold adhesive backed mirror embellishments—60 embellishments; 1/4″ (6.4 mm)
- Melon Mambo 1/4″ (6.4 mm) Ruched Ribbon—10 yards (9.1 m)
- Night of Navy/Rose Gold 3/8″ (1 cm) Metallic –Edge Ribbon—10 yards (9.1 m)
- Rose Gold Shimmer Paint—1/2 oz. (15 ml)
Item #150059 $80.00
Stampin’ Up Last Chance Products! The RETIRING LIST of items from the Occasions and Annual Catalogs! Available through June 3rd or while supplies last! Shop retiring products here: www.donnasingleton.stampinup.net
Don’t forget to use my shopping code: 3VPFS9SK
Contact me if you have any questions!
Having a blast in Atlantic City with Stampin’ Up!
This month’s Paper Pumpkin Kit will contain a Distinktive Stamp!! Distinktive stamps give you a photo-realistic image with just on stamp! Click HERE to watch a VIDEO about them!
In order to receive this month’s PP, you need to sign up by April 10th (you can cancel or postpone at anytime)! Visit www.paperpumpkin.com for more info!
Love this little guy! “Home to Roost” was one of the free stamp sets offered during Sale-a-Bration.
I made this card using an Early Espresso card base. I added a Merry Merlot card mat, then I used Black Memento ink to stamp the Crackle Paint stamp on to a piece of Crumb Cake. I sponged the edges with Crumb Cake ink to give it an old antique look. Then I added a piece of Wood Texture Designer Paper across the card. I wrapped some Linen Thread around a few times and tied a bow. I stamped the Rooster onto a piece of Crumb Cake, colored him a bit with Cherry Cobbler Stampin’ Blend alcohol marker. I cut him out with a Stitched Rectangle Die and again sponged the edges with Crumb Cake ink. I put him on the card front using Dimensionals.
Shop my website: http://www.donnasingleton.stampinup.net